Business Services for Growing Companies
Does your business need help to overcome a Ransomware Attack?
Evaluate PopQuiz Managed Services for your Ransomware Attack Remediation and Recovery Partner.
PopQuiz Managed Services will Navigate your Business to Recovery Road.
Ransomware Attacks are Very Common:
More often than not, when a data breach or another cyber security incident occurs within an organization, business, or even within government agencies; the organization is inadequately prepared to respond in an effective way. In certain instances, the team is unaware that an attack is even occurring-until it’s too late. This could be for a number of reasons, but lacking a cyber incident alerting mechanism, application security, employee cyber hygiene, and/or a cyber incident response plan, even a disaster recovery plan-is not unusual for small businesses these days.
When Ransomware attacks happen, we understand that your business or organization’s environment can become hectic very quickly. This is especially the case if you have mission-critical information being held hostage/ransom, or if critical systems have been compromised. According to statistics- a large percentage of businesses won’t recover from ransomware attacks. If the proper procedures are in place, and the right team is in the driver’s seat- recovery isn’t that far away.
Let PopQuiz Managed Services take the driver’s seat.
All of our cyber incident response services (including ransomware remediation services) follow guidelines as identified by NIST, per company protocol. This enables your organization to understand that we are dealing with this incident properly. You can find more specific information related to the handling guidelines including processes and procedures here: https://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/SpecialPublications/NIST.SP.800-61r2.pdf
Our remediation team can work with your executives, your management teams, and your end users. We will collect and report technical information to your team so that you may have something to show your insurance company. We will work as fast as possible to expedite the recovery process, if your business has been impacted in a way where your operations are disabled from the cyber-attack.
Depending on the size of your business, we may need to acclimate a team of technicians and possibly a manager for your Ransomware Remediation project. Since this is a mission-critical operation, our hours will be extended from 8-hour days to 12-hour workdays (if needed).
Our Project Manager will continuously collect information from our incident response team and report back to your executives as quickly as needed, throughout each day. Doing this throughout each day will enable us to create a recovery plan and restore operations as quickly as possible. We will create a timeline and document all information. This information can be used to provide the insurance company with a detail-oriented report or additional information, or to document for the accounting or management team for your organization.
Here’s what we NEED to do (top priority) for the Ransomware Recovery Process:
- Detect and determine the Virus type(s) we are dealing with
- Determine the type or variant of the ransomware threat itself and analyze the level of threat involved
- Determine the importance-level of the encrypted files (are they sacrifice-able)?
- What was the primary antivirus software being used?
- How Many affected systems and infected devices are there in total?
- Do you have any backup storage devices?
- Is your company prepared to pay the ransom if no other options are available?
- Are there any ransom notes (via email)?
- What is the configuration of your active directory service? (If applicable)
- evaluate any additional malicious software, and identify where it occurs on the network and If possible, locate / identify an attack vector which the intruder used to gain access
- Evaluate all possible data backups, and any business continuity plans. Determine if backup sources are at risk. If yes, disconnect them from the internet.
- Determine the level of impact, and the seriousness of the data in question. Do We Need the Data? Or can we sacrifice data that has already been compromised/ encrypted?
- Determine how much data loss has occurred
- Identify key point of contact for communication requirements, such as management teams as well as executives, end users, management teams of different office locations (if its a multi-office organization)
- Work with cyber insurance company- if one is involved
- Determining if we should shut down the network and disconnect computers and devices from the network
- Malicious Software Containment, Virus eradication & recovery
- The Next course of action would vary depending on the type of threat and the importance of your data
- Well can also communicate with ransomware attackers (needed for decryption key phrases)
- We can also interact with attacker any cryptocurrency payment requirements if you need help with that as well
- Evaluate your Full IT Environment for additional phishing emails
- Run malware scans on each computer, server, and any machine which connects to the network
- Look for ransom-related emails (the “ransom note”) -if not found previously
When we check the infected, impacted systems, we will examine these systems with a fine-tooth-comb, and we will have to inspect the hard drive from a Linux machine (or another non-windows based machine). We will check the boot record and hidden areas for suspicious files, and we also check these systems with multiple antivirus types to ensure that any abnormality or suspicious file is detected. We check the in-house server and domain controllers with equal efforts.
We’ll do as much as we can to mitigate further risks rather than providing a band-aid solution to the current problem, but our priority is to return your business to an operational status. The key to proper remediation is identifying the attack vector for the current incident, then re-designing the foundation of the computer network with more bulletproof cybersecurity requirements in place.
Our cyber security experts /information security professionals will work with your teams to restore your files and secure your information the right way. You are assured that your data will be handled in a very controlled fashion with the aim to retain as much user data as possible through the safest methods available.
After we return your business to an operational status, we can reveal recommendations that we’ve collected throughout the project. Rebuilding your Network and Providing Ongoing Support Services after a Ransomware Attack:
Once your organization has recovered from the ransomware incident, we will provide documentation and information which we collect throughout the attack remediation process. We will have a very detail-oriented overview of what has been done by this point. Additionally we will have a list of recommendations. This will include important steps and recommendations needed in order to rebuild your network infrastructure with a higher level of cybersecurity. We can provide this to you, so you may have your own team roll out the recommendations, or we can continue to work with you to rebuild and assist your business moving forward.
We can design and configure a system which supplies your organization with rapid detection and response to threats before they become an actual attack. This can be as simple as intercepting a phishing email, taking incremental backups, and restricting user access with more strict policy control requirements. The most effective means of ransomware response is by preventing ransomware before it happens. This is through proper protection, tools and business processes which are focused on preventing ransomware attacks before they become a problem; and most likely before they become an attack.
When rebuilding an IT Environment after a ransomware attack, we aim to prevent ransomware. Several key components which aid in the cyber resilience and effectiveness of our ransomware prevention strategies:
- Cloud application security
- Data protection through encrypted (especially for remote devices)
- Proactively Managed Malware and Antivirus protection
- Effective remediation planning (easily accomplished through cloud data backup and data replication services)
Proactively Managed Cyber Security Services, integrated into your Business:
Once built, we can help proactively manage as much or as little of the Information technology aspects of your business as well as the Cybersecurity aspects of your computer network. Our systems will allow us to provide ongoing monitoring and proactive security patch management, as well as email security and cloud application security with advanced threat detection, as well as many other features. Please review our Managed Cyber Security Services page for more details. This can be provided with or without basic Managed IT Services, such as help-desk support, and remote support (for day-to-day business operations).
Is PopQuiz Managed Services the Best Cyber Security Service provider to conduct a Ransomware Remediation Service?
With so many cyber security service providers and companies offering Ransomware Remediation Services- it’s hard to honestly say that we are “The Best Cyber Remediation Services Company.” However, we strive to be a competitive, top-tier national cyber-security service-provider. We always offer a unique total value proposition with our white-glove support.
When you evaluate cost, response time, reliability, knowledge across the board, efficiency, effectiveness- you will see that we are priced very competitively. Collectively, our tech team covers all areas where a small to medium sized business may rely on their IT partner.
All of our incident response processes follow guidelines as identified by NIST. This enables your organization to understand that we are dealing with this incident properly. You can find more specific information related to the handling guidelines including processes and procedures here: https://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/SpecialPublications/NIST.SP.800-61r2.pdf
If you’re ready to take the next step, there is no obligation:
Contact us today. Tell us more about your business and tell us what’s going on with your cyber-attack. Tell us what you’re looking for. Feel free to reach out using the method of communication you prefer, but with a mission-critical event like a cyber-attack scenario, you might be better off calling in instead of filling out the contact form on the right.
- If this is an insurance related request, please include that information, thanks!
- If you would like a sample report of previous cyber-attack scenarios, also just request that and we’ll make one available to your team.